|Natural. Healthy. Sustainable.|
Holiday Pumpkin Rice Pudding
Makes: 8 servings
- 3 cups (750 mL) water
- 1/4 cup (75mL) coconut milk ("light" if you want to reduce calories)
- 1 cup (250 mL) short-grain brown rice
- pinch of grey sea salt or pink rock salt
- 1/3 cup (85 mL) currants or cranberries
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Hemp Hearts
- 1 cup (250 mL) pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup (63 mL) honey
- 1 tsp maca powder
- Bring water, rice and salt to a boil in an uncovered pot over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally for 45 minutes.
- Add currants and cinnamon. Cook on low for another 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- The rice should be very creamy.
- Remove from heat. Fold coconut milk, vanilla, Hemp Hearts, pumpkin puree and honey into pudding.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon. If desired, sweeten more with a drizzle of honey and add crunch with nuts or seeds.
Recipe courtesy of Julie Daniluk. For more of Julie's recipes please visit: http://www.juliedaniluk.com
© Copyright 2013 Manitoba Harvest Hemp Foods & Oils. Website Development & Hosting by TechXpress