For the Vegetables:
- 6 Thin carrots, peeled
- 1 Sweet potato, cubed
- 1 Red onion, sliced thick
- 1 Rutabaga, cubed
- 4 Parsnips, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 tsp. Sea salt
- 1 tsp. Black pepper
- 1 tsp. Fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 tbsp. Herbes De Provence
- 1/4 cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
For the Glaze:
- Pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add all of the vegetables to a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary, and Herbes De Provence.
- Stir the vegetables until they are completely coated in the oil and herbs.
- Spread the vegetables out on a large baking sheet and bake for about 45 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- While the vegetables are cooking, add the maple syrup and balsamic vinegar to a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat. Simmer until the mixture is thick and has reduced to half the size.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and drizzle them with the maple and balsamic mixture and sprinkle with the Hemp Hearts. Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve with your favourite holiday dish!