Food Safety Coordinator
St. Agathe, Manitoba
Currently, Manitoba Harvest has an opportunity for energetic and experienced Food Safety Coordinator to join our team in Ste Agathe.
As a proactive and action- oriented member of our team, your key responsibilities will include:
- Provides leadership and training to all Departments and their Team Members in regards to food safety programs (BRC, HACCP, Organic, Kosher, GMP)
- Assists with daily/monthly Inspections, GMP Audits, internal/external inspections, internal audits, root cause analysis, documented corrective and preventative actions and risk assessments
- High level of understanding of the Quality Management System and BRC Program
- Organizes and coordinates the HACCP Team and meetings
- Works with QA Team to set Department goals and develop Key Performance Indicators
- Assists the Quality Team to investigate customer complaints, collaborates with all stake holders to determine root cause and implements changes to prevent further occurrences
- Maintains and updates QMS and HACCP programs
- Ensures reports concerning product food safety quality and regulatory inspection are provided to the appropriate management personnel on a regular basis, highlighting problems and their resolutions
- Works with Operations Team to take action on noted GMP violations and CAPA’s
- Ensures that new products comply with appropriate safety standards and requirements and assists in the establishment of appropriate quality standards for new products/processes
- Participates and supports continuous improvement and other projects where QA Supervision is required
- Assists regulatory audits and inspections to ensure compliance with requirements of the corporate QMS in the areas of responsibility
- All team members are responsible to report on food safety and/or quality problems to personnel with the authority to initiate corrective actions
- Other duties as assigned by the organization
- University degree in food science or related field
- Quality Assurance experience in a food manufacturing facility is preferred
- Authoritative knowledge of SOPs, GMPs, HACCP and GMPs applicable to Quality & Compliance and Production
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
If you would like to join our team, please Apply Today!
External submission deadline is August 24, 2019
We thank all applicants for your interest; only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.