Maintenance Technician (2 available)
Our client, Manitoba Harvest Hemp Foods, is seeking an energetic and experienced Maintenance Technician to join their Winnipeg team. Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Maintenance Technician will be an action–orientated member of the maintenance team.
The Maintenance Technician is accountable for:
- Maintaining organizational policies, programs and procedures to improve the effectiveness of the organization and the HR Function
- Complying with our Maintenance Program and all company safety practices, BRC standards and HACCP regulations.
- Perform ongoing preventative maintenance activities, including predictive and diagnostic maintenance on production, packaging, and facility equipment.
- Resolving machine problems with effective trouble-shooting using internal and external support systems.
- Completing all assigned Work Orders effectively and efficiently, while ensuring that the repairs have met the quality, safety and sanitation standards of Fresh Hemp Foods Ltd.
- Creating Work Orders as required and closing completed Work Orders in our COGZ software.
- On-call response to equipment breakdowns, both major and minor (after scheduled shifts).
- Designing, participating and/or developing improvements to eliminate waste, which may include Lean Manufacturing and 5S principles.
You and Your Experience:
- You have 5 plus years’ experience in a maintenance technician role in a food manufacturing environment.
- Experience operating a variety of equipment and using various tools both powered and non-powered
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Preference will be given to candidates with HVAC, industrial mechanic, millwright certification, and electrical certification (K license).
- You are innovative and possess multi-tasking abilities and team work skills, are highly organized and able to follow directions, give direction, and work independently.
How to Apply:
Please apply online at www.jobsfirsthr.com or by emailing your resume (MS WORD format) in confidence to Lynn Tran at email@example.com. For further information about this career opportunity, please feel free to contact Janelle Robin at (204) 938-4034.