Maintenance Technician (Electrician)
Ste. Agathe, Manitoba
Manitoba Harvest Hemp Foods is seeking an energetic and experienced Maintenance Technician to join our Ste. Agathe team in a temporary position. Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Maintenance Technician will be an action–oriented member of the maintenance team.
The Maintenance Technician is accountable for:
- Complying with our Maintenance Program and all company safety practices, BRC standards and HACCP regulations
- Perform ongoing preventative maintenance activities, including predictive and diagnostic maintenance on production, packaging, and facility equipment
- Resolving machine problems with effective trouble-shooting using internal and external support systems
- Completing all assigned Work Orders effectively and efficiently, while ensuring that the repairs have met the quality, safety and sanitation standards of Fresh Hemp Foods Ltd.
- Creating Work Orders as required and closing completed Work Orders in our COGZ software
- On-call response to equipment breakdowns, both major and minor (after scheduled shifts)
- Designing, participating and/or developing improvements to eliminate waste, which may include Lean Manufacturing and 5S principles
- Completed Red Seal Electrician certificate
- You have 5 plus years’ experience in a maintenance technician role in a food manufacturing environment
- Experience operating a variety of equipment and using various tools both powered and non-powered
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Preference will be given to candidates with HVAC, industrial mechanic, millwright certification, and electrical certification (K license)
- You are innovative and possess multi-tasking abilities and teamwork skills, are highly organized and able to follow directions, give direction, and work independently
If you would like to join our team, please Apply Today!
Submission deadline is October 21, 2019
We thank all applicants for your interest; only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
This is a temporary position with an undefined end date. The successful candidate will receive a minimum of two weeks’ notice when the term is scheduled to end.
No phone calls, please.