Quality Control Technician – Permanent
St. Agathe, Manitoba
Currently, Manitoba Harvest has an opportunity for energetic and experienced Quality Control Technician to join our team in Ste Agathe, MB.
As a proactive and action- oriented member of our team, your key responsibilities will include:
Job Summary: The Quality Control Technician ensures that ingredients, packaging materials, work in process, and finished products meet company, government, supplier, customer and third party registrar requirements for quality, food safety, and sanitation.
- Acts and provides guidance on product sampling and sample submission requirements to Production, Quality, Product Development, Supply Chain, and Third Party Co-manufacturer team members
- Performs biological, chemical, physical, and organoleptic laboratory testing as per product or environmental specifications
- Translates internal and external laboratory results into a central lab database
- Communicates laboratory testing results to appropriate team members and creates Certificates of Analysis
- Perform analytical work for Research and Development projects as requested
- Maintain and organize the laboratory, laboratory inventory and supplies, lab records, and retention samples
- Participates with internal inspections, internal audits, root cause analysis, documented corrective and preventative actions and risk assessments
- Provides guidance to Production, Quality, Product Development, and Supply Chain regarding food safety programs and requirements (GLPs, BRC, HACCP, GMP, certifications, etc.)
- All team members are responsible to report on food safety and/or quality problems to personnel with the authority to initiate corrective actions
- Other duties as assigned by the organization
- Analytical Thinking
- University degree in food science or related field
- Quality Assurance experience in a food manufacturing facility is preferred
- Authoritative knowledge of SOPs, HACCP and GMPs applicable to quality, compliance, and production.
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Sit / stand for long periods of time
- Manual dexterity required to use computer and peripherals
- Repetitive laboratory tasks
- Interacts with team members and management
Submission deadline is May 8, 2019
We thank all applicants for your interest; only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.