Shipping & Receiving Associate
Currently, Manitoba Harvest has an opportunity for an energetic and experienced Shipping and Receiving Associate to join our team in Winnipeg.
Job Summary: The Shipping & Receiving Associate is responsible for verifying that products are shipped and received accurately and punctually with all requisite documentation and ensuring that all stocked inventory is properly maintained. It is also expected that each Associate on the team is able to work with freight companies to efficiently coordinate and track the secure domestic and international shipments of products.
- Coordinate, monitor and update status of pick -up and delivery of shipments by obtaining freight quotes, and tracking for inbound and outbound products for customers
- Responsible for unload/load of all trucks and completing accurate shipping/receiving manifest
- Ensure all shipping orders have appropriate documentation per customer specifications
- Request and follow up on missing documentation and information from internal team, freight forwarders and agencies
- Monitor and update shipment status; follow-up on pick-up of shipments
- Interact with logistics service providers to coordinate movement of goods, freight quotes and bills of lading
- Enter/submit appropriate paperwork promptly and accurately for each shipment as needed
- Keep workspace/warehouse both indoors/outdoors clean and organized and complete required logs
- Assist in ensuring accurate inventory of warehouse by conducting weekly cycle and monthly counts
- Inspect all incoming shipments to ensure they meet all Fresh Hemp Food Ltd.’s quality requirements
- Supply plant production with materials as per the weekly production/packaging schedule
- Responsible for receiving/removing seed including set up, seed sampling, monitoring/removal of material, data entry, and clean-up as per SOP
- Deliver/transfer incoming goods to the appropriate requestor/area
- Data entry of customs documentation
- Record all inventory movement on required logs
- Comply with Company standards for GMPs, SOP’s and BRC Certification and all Occupational Health and Safety requirements and legislation
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager or designate
- Analytical Thinking
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Minimum 1- 2 years shipping/receiving or warehouse experience
- Familiar and comfortable with the use of computers (MS Office)
- Preparation of both domestic and international shipping documents preferred
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license and experience driving a 5-ton truck is preferred
- Able to operate lift truck and forklift with valid certification
- Ability to be flexible to work out of our Ste Agathe or Winnipeg facilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Sit/stand for extended periods of time
- Handling heavy loads (up to 50 lbs)
- Operating large machinery in a safe manner
- Hand-eye coordination
- Working outdoor year-round in extreme temperatures
If you would like to join our team, please Apply Today!
Submission deadline is November 8, 2019
We thank all applicants for your interest; only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.