For the Salad:
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Beets, peeled & sliced
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 large package of Mixed greens
- 1/4 cup Feta
- 1/3 cup Pecans
- 5-6 Dried figs, sliced
- 1/4 cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
For the Dressing:
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Manitoba Harvest Hemp Oil
- 2 tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/8 tsp. Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place the beets on a baking pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the beets and bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a small bowl or mason jar and whisk or shake (if using the jar) until emulsified.
- After the beets are done roasting, add the pecans to the pan and bake for about 2 minutes.
- Add the mixed greens to a large bowl and toss with beets, figs, pecans, feta, Hemp Hearts, and the dressing and serve.
Note: To make this salad vegan or dairy-free, simple leave out the feta.