- 15 mins.
For the Dressing:
- ½ cup Manitoba Harvest Organic Hemp Hearts
- ¼ cup filtered water
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. capers
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper, freshly cracked
- ¼ cup olive oil
For the Salad:
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 small bunch of kale (we used Dinosaur/Lacinato kale)
- Roasted chickpeas, optional (we used spiced chickpeas from our Warm Fall Bowl)
- De-stem kale and chop or tear that and the romaine into bite sized pieces then chill.
- Blend all dressing ingredients except olive oil until smooth.
- With blender on low, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until emulsified.
- Toss chilled lettuce with dressing and top with roasted chickpeas!