When it comes to our bodies we need a mix or balance of essential fatty acids (EFAs). It is best to consume foods that have naturally balanced omegas. Hemp has an Omega 6 to Omega 3 ratio of 3:1. Plus, the omegas in hemp are unrefined and easily digestible.
For more information about “good” and “bad” Omega 6s or the balance of omegas, contact your health care professional.
Just like with humans, be conscious of your pet’s weight when determining how much hemp oil to add to your pet’s food. A good parameter for oil – 1 teaspoon per 10 pounds of body weight
Absolutely! Just remember to consider body weight when determining serving size – much like you would with any other food. As a general guideline cut the recommended serving size shown on each package by 1/3 or 1/2 depending on the child’s age and size.
Yes. Hemp contains numerous nutrients including folic acid, so it is a safe and delicious addition to expectant mothers’ diets.
We recommend substituting up to 1/3 of the flour in your recipe for ground hemp. This is a great way to add additional protein, fiber, iron, magnesium, zinc, and copper to your baked goods.
To setup Subscriptions, you will need to create a Manitoba Harvest account. You can do so by clicking ‘Sign In’ in the top right corner of our website and follow instructions from there.
Once your account is setup, go to the product pages (Hemp Foods or Hemp Extract Supplements) that you would like to set up subscriptions for. Click the ‘Subscribe & Save’ button, select your delivery frequency (2, 4, 6, or 8 weeks), and just like that, you will start receiving your subscription orders as selected!
You can opt out of subscriptions any time by signing into your account and cancelling active subscriptions within the ‘Manage Subscriptions’ section.
When Manitoba Harvest publishes nutritional information on our seed, we take a range or an average of various tests to account for slight variations in seed lots.
The average potassium content in Manitoba Harvest hemp seed (which is used for making Hemp Hearts and Hemp Protein Powders) is 288 mg per 30 g serving.
The average phosphorous content in Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts is 426mg per 30g serving.
Hemp foods contain less than 0.001% Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and will NOT cause a psychoactive effect.
Hemp hearts are hulled hemp seeds. They are the soft, chewy center inside the shell of the hemp seed. Think of the tasty, soft inside of a sunflower seed that you eat. Hemp hearts have a subtle nutty flavor and can be consumed raw. You can also cook with them, making them a great pantry staple. Hemp hearts are versatile and fun to experiment with – add them to smoothies, desserts, and more!
Hemp Yeah! Hemp Milk can be stored in the cupboard until used, but MUST be refrigerated after opening.
Referring friends. You can share your personal referral code with anyone. After their first purchase, you'll receive a FREE gift. Your friend receives 50% OFF their first purchase through your referral code. (The 50% off discount expires six months after receipt of the referral code.)
Here’s how you can redeem your points:
- Every 500 points you earn by spending is worth $5 toward a future purchase. The minimum amount of points that can be redeemed at a time is 500 points.
- There is no maximum number of points customers can earn, and points expire after 12 months. Customers must reach a minimum threshold of 500 points before they can redeem a reward ($5 reward).
- Customers do not earn points on the shipping, taxes, or discounted portion of an order.
- In the event that an order is refunded, any points used towards that order will be refunded and any points earned from that order will be forfeited.
- Rewards cannot be stacked with other promotional codes at time of checkout.
- Manitoba Harvest reserves the right at its sole discretion to modify, suspend, or cancel the Manitoba Harvest Rewards Program accounts, without notice, for any conduct that we believe is in violation of acceptable usage of the program. We reserve the right to revoke reward points if we feel the participant has tried to abuse the program in any way.
Yes, depending on the type of event. ALL requests for product samples must complete our online sample request form within the Contact Us page.
Please note: We get an abundance of sample requests and to fulfill various events across North America, we do require one-month notice on event sample requests to allow enough production and shipping time.
Please note: Manitoba Harvest requires a minimum 15 business day lead-time on practitioner sample requests.