Time: 30 mins.
- 1/2 cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts, divided
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. “ 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 6 dates
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Stir together ¼ cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts and other dry ingredients then set aside.
- In a blender, combine all wet ingredients and blend until dates break down and mixture is smooth, about 1-2 minutes. If you have firm dates, soak them first until more malleable.
- Gently stir wet mixture into dry until combined.
- Divide into 12 greased or lined muffin tins.
- Top with remaining ¼ cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts.
- Bake at 400°F for 8-15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and enjoy or cover and refrigerate or freeze for later!