For the Salad
- 1 5 oz bag of arugula salad
- 1 Bosc pear, shredded
- 1 raw beet, peeled and shredded
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 avocado, sliced or chopped
- 1/4 cup Hemp Hearts
- a sprinkle of gorgonzola cheese (optional)
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. Hemp Hearts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tbsp. tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. pure maple syrup
- Prep salad by adding arugula, shredded beet, pear, dried cranberries and avocado to a large bowl.
- Sprinkle Hemp Hearts over salad.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a high powdered blender and blend until smooth. Drizzle on top of the salad and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Brittany from Eating Bird Food.