- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2-3 sprigs of parsley
- 1/3 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/4 large red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- Add all ingredients except for the rolled oats to a food processor, and pulse just a few times - we still want a lot of texture in these burgers, so do not over-blend!
- Mix in rolled oats, then form 4 patties and place them on a parchment-lined plate or baking sheet. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Pre-heat an air fryer to 360 for 5 minutes.
- Line the air fryer basket with parchment paper, then cook the patties at 360 for 10 minutes.
- Flip, then cook for 10 more minutes.
- Assemble burgers with all of your favorite toppings. Suggested toppings: vegan burger sauce (2 tbsp vegan mayo, 1 tbsp ketchup, ½ tbsp dijon mustard), lettuce, tomato, red onion, and avocado.
Recipe courtesy of Nicole DiMascio