Yield: 4 dozen
Serving Size: 2 Cookies (67g)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons water (preferably hot)
- 3 cups all-purpose ﬂour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup hemp hearts (hemp hearts can be toasted for a bolder flavor)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Dissolve baking soda in hot water, add to batter along with salt.
- Stir in ﬂour, chocolate chips, and hemp hearts.
- Drop by large spoonful’s onto pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.