Prep time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 15 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 Tbs vegan fish sauce or regular fish sauce
- 1 Tbs Tamari or soy sauce
- ¼ cup Hemp Hearts
- ¼ cup plant-based milk
- 2 heaped Tbs creamy peanut butter
- 1/8 tsp coconut sugar or brown sugar
- ¼ tsp cayenne powder
- 1 garlic clove
Pad Thai Ingredients:
- 8oz Pad Thai noodles
- 1 Tbs sesame oil (or any vegetable oil)
- 1.5 cups vegetables or protein of choice, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs peanuts, chopped or crushed
- 2-4 Tbs green onions, finely chopped
- 1-2 Tbs peanuts, chopped or crushed
- 2-4 lime wedges (or equivalent lime juice)
- 1 tsp Hemp Hearts
- 1-2 tbs parsley, chopped
- Place all sauce ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Follow package instructions and cook noodles.
- While the noodles are cooking, place a large pan or wok on medium heat. Once hot, drizzle oil and spread it around evenly.
- Add vegetables/protein and cook until vegetables/protein are cooked through.
- Mix in prepared sauce, 2 Tbs peanuts and cooked noodles. Cook for 1 minute and remove from heat. Serve hot and enjoy with toppings of your choice.
- If your peanut butter is high in sugar, don’t use additional coconut sugar.
- Can substitute Pad Thai noodles for Vermicelli or any other rice noodles.
- Suggested vegetables: carrots, beansprouts, purple cabbage, celery, bok choy.
- You shouldn’t need additional salt; the fish sauce and Tamari already have salt.