Peach + Ginger Hemp Mini Muffins
- 1 ½ cups / 215g Manitoba Harvest Organic hemp seeds
- ¼ cup / 35g arrowroot powder
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. fine sea salt
- 1 large egg, preferably organic
- ¼ cup / 60ml pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 ripe peaches, diced
- fat of choice for greasing (or use muffin liners)
- Lightly grease a 24-cup mini muffin tin. Preheat oven to 350°F / 175°C.
- Wash the peaches well. Cut them into small chunks; you should have about 1½ cups in total.
- In a food processor, blend hemp seeds until they’re a fine powder (don’t go too far or you’ll end up with hemp seed butter!). Add the arrowroot, ground ginger, salt and baking powder and pulse a few times to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg, maple syrup, and vanilla extract together. Add the hemp seed flour blend, and stir to combine. Fold in the peaches, reserving about 1/2 cup for garnish.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of the batter into each prepared muffin tin. Place a couple pieces of the remaining peaches on top of each muffin, press lightly to set.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for five days.