- 4 (5-6 oz) salmon filets
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino or parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1-2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- lemon slices, for serving
- sea salt and pepper, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Add salmon skin side down and rub a little olive oil over each filet.
- Combine Hemp Hearts, grated cheese, basil, parsley, 1 teaspoon olive oil and lemon juice in a small bowl. Cover the top of each filet with the Hemp Heart and cheese mixture and press down with your hands to help the mixture stick.
- Place salmon in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes or until salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. You can also broil the salmon for the last two minutes to get a brown and crisp crust. Just be sure to use foil instead of parchment if you’re going to broil. Serve salmon with a slice of lemon, salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy of Brittany from Eating Bird Food.