By Megan Roosevelt, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and founder of HealthyGroceryGirl.com
Today I’m sharing 3 healthy, plant-based and gluten-free dinner ideas. If you’re stuck in a food rut today’s blog post is for you!
As an ambassador for Manitoba Harvest, all of my recipes today will include their Hemp Hearts also known as shelled hemp seeds. If you’ve been following me on Instagram and subscribed to our channel for a while now you know that I love hemp hearts. They have 10 grams of protein as well as 12 grams of omega 3 & omega 6 fats per serving!
My daughter Ella also love hemp seeds – we call them sprinkles on our house! They are great in oatmeal, in a smoothie, on toast or in the 3 recipes I’m sharing with you today! So let’s get started!
Broccoli Hemp Heart Pesto Pasta
- 4 servings bean based pasta of choice
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup basil
- ½ cup Manitoba Harvest hemp hearts
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Cook pasta according to package instructions and set aside.
- Add all pesto ingredients into a food processor and pulse until desired consistency is reached.
- Add pesto to pasta, and toss with a little more oil if desired.
- Sprinkle with Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts and enjoy!
Spicy Salad Tacos
- Tortilla Shells (Corn or Cassava)
- Romaine lettuce
- Sliced black olives
- Pinto beans
- 1 avocado
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 jalapeno
- Pinch sea salt
- Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- Remove the top of the jalapeno, slice in half and remove the seeds.
- Peel and seed the avocado.
- In a small blender add the jalapeno, avocado, lemon juice and sea salt and blend until creamy. Add more lemon juice or a touch of water for a thinner sauce if you prefer.
- Warm the shells, and load up with the salad ingredients.
- Drizzle or dollop sauce on top of tacos, top with a generous pinch of Hemp Hearts, enjoy!
Pad Thai Zucchini Noodles
- 1 package Zucchini Noodles (or 3 cups homemade)
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- ½ cup sliced green onion
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon 100% real maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Thai red chili paste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Add sauce ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together.
- Warm coconut oil in a large saute pan over medium heat, add zucchini noodles, cabbage and green onion. Saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in cooked quinoa and sauce.
- Plate and garnish with sliced green onion, cashews and Hemp Hearts, enjoy!
Disclosure: Healthy Grocery Girl is a Manitoba Harvest ambassador. All opinions are my own. We only share products we love, use and believe the HGG Community would love to learn about!