Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Serves 2 - 4
- ½ cup Hemp Hearts
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. liquid smoke
- 4 tbsp. sambal
- 3 tbsp. hot water
- 3 eggs
- 2 ½ tbsp. miso paste
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 ½ tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. minced onion
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. cracked black pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup parmesan, grated
- 4 large sprigs of green onion, chopped
- 400g spaghetti
- In a medium-sized pot, combine Hemp Seeds with liquid smoke and toast the seeds until golden and fragrant.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Transfer to a blender and add 1 cup of water. Blend until smooth.
- Add the sambal, miso paste, olive oil, maple syrup, all of the spices, and the lime juice.
- Blend until smooth and set aside.
At the same time:
- Add water to a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the spaghetti and cook until slightly al dente.
- Rise and strain the noodles and set back in the large pot.
- Add the blended sauce to the spaghetti over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs together and slowly blend into the spaghetti with sauce. Stir continuously to prevent eggs from fully scrambling.
- After 1 – 2 minutes, add the nutritional yeast and then the parmesan cheese, mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Serve onto plates or low bowls, topping with chopped green onion.
- Use any type of pasta you desire, you can even make it gluten free!
- Make this recipe vegan by swapping the eggs and parmesan for your favorite plant-based substitute.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 4 – 5 days. Reheat to serve.