Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Serves: 3-4 as a side dish
Ingredients: Hemp Mayo
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp minced onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp umami (optional)
Ingredients: Harvest Salad
- 4 medium yellow potatoes, cut into chunks
- 4 golden beets, peeled and cut into sixths
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Ground pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- Vinaigrette Dressing: 1/2 tsp sugar, 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 1/2 tbsp lemon juice, 1/4 salt and ¼ pepper,
- Leaves from 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- Combine all of the ingredients for the hemp mayo in a blender. Blend until smooth and adjust seasoning with more spices, salt or pepper. Set in the fridge until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Trim the golden beets, peel and cut into small chunks. Cut the potatoes into chunks the same size as the beets and add to the pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and fresh rosemary sprigs.
- Cook for about 30-40 mins, until fork tender.
- To make the harvest salad: Once roasted beets and potatoes are cooled, combine with vinaigrette dressing, a couple tablespoons of hemp seed mayo and more fresh thyme. Taste and add more hemp mayo to your taste. Serve topped with hemp seeds.
- Store the rest of the hemp mayo in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.