Prep time: 10 min.
Cook time: 20 min.
- ½ cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Seeds
- 1/2 package bucatini pasta (about 200-250g)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 4x garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2-3 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- zest from half a lemon
- 1 cup pasta water
- Juice from half a lemon
- ½ tsp truffle salt, divided
- Garnish fresh ground pepper and fresh thyme leaves
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups pasta water. Drain the noodles and set aside.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a sauce pan and add onion and garlic. Cook until softened and fragrant, 5 mins.
- Add in vegetable stock, salt and pepper, 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast, Hemp Hearts, zest from half a lemon, 1 cup pasta water, juice of half a lemon and ¼ tsp truffle salt.
- Cook and stir for a few minutes until combined.
- Remove from the heat and add the sauce to a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the sauce back into the frying pan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Taste and adjust seasoning with ¼ tsp more truffle salt and 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast, if desired.
- Stir in cooked bucatini pasta noodles and use the final ½ cup of reserved pasta water, if needed, to thin the sauce.
- Serve pasta topped with fresh grinds of pepper and a sprinkle of fresh thyme leaves.