- 1 hour 45 minutes
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- ½ small red onion
- 1 medium green apple
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Creamy Apple Cider Vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- 2 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. filtered water
- 1 tbsp. whole grain or dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Pinch black pepper, freshly cracked
- ½ cup avocado oil
- More Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- Vegan Coconut Bacon
- Pomegranate seeds
- Use a food processor, mandolin or sharp knife to shave Brussels sprouts into thin slices.
- Slice the onion and apple thinly as well.
- Toast pecans in a dry pan over medium high heat for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until fragrant and golden.
- In a blender, blend vinaigrette ingredients except oil, until smooth.
- While blender is on low-medium, slowly add oil in a steady stream until completely incorporated. Blend 30 more seconds.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl or zip seal bag and gently toss to combine.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving to let the flavours mingle. Can be made up to 1 day in advance.
- Top with toppings if you desire!